Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Passive crossover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member gvasale's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Location
    Webster, Ma
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Passive crossover

    After much serching I found the details of the passive crossover I used with my 511b, 2x416a IB setup I built many years ago. The design comes from Audio Magazine, November 1969 issue. Using iron core mil spec inductors and a few resistors & capacitors it was fairly inexpensive when built. I had the added bonus of an employee discount from the distributor I worked for at that time.

    I have scanned the article in high resolution B&W, but the file size for each page, one of the cover and three of the text are still in the 2.5mb each, range.

    Should anyone want to go to their local library & try and find it for their own education, I'd encourage it. Otherwise, if you're an electronics whiz, you might just find it entertaining. My own library

    Dialup internet service makes it a lengthly process to send here, although I could try, but it would require 4 full screens to display. I would not object to sending out a few copies my snail mail.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Passive crossover

    I looked at a nov 69 Audio issue and came up empty.

    ?? Don

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member gvasale's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Location
    Webster, Ma
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Passive crossover

    I've been fighting with computer problems for some time trying to put some key features of that article here with poor results, mostly giving up. And it looks like tonight isn't any different. PM me with an email address. I'll send it to you. I assure you, that issue is correct. Article begins on pg 52. " Passive crossover for bi amplifier systems."
    Last edited by gvasale; February 21st, 2015 at 01:15 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Passive crossover


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Passive crossover

    Trying to post a link to archive.org read it online

    Lots of nice stuff there BTW

    https://archive.org/stream/am-1969-1...e/n53/mode/2up
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Passive crossover

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Trying to post a link to archive.org read it online

    Lots of nice stuff there BTW

    https://archive.org/stream/am-1969-1...e/n53/mode/2up
    Wonderful resource!

    Thank you!
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member gvasale's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Location
    Webster, Ma
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Passive crossover

    At the repair shop....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gvasale; February 21st, 2015 at 01:14 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.